- Download the FTP client zip file HERE.
- Open the downloaded “EmedexClient.zip” file
- Extract the “EmedexFTP” folder by dragging it to your desktop. (Programs like WinZip or 7zip can also be used to extract the folder)
- Open the newly extracted “EmedexFTP” folder on your desktop
- Launch the Emedex.exe file by double clicking on it
- The application will open without needing to be installed
- Select “secure.e-medex.com” from the site drop down menu
- Enter the username and password that was provided to you
- You will receive a certificate popup first time you connect. Click check box to “Always trust certificate in future sessions” and click OK.
- Once connected you can transfer files securely
- The middle left windows shows your Local computer.a. Select the Local folder on your computer, this contains the files you wish to upload.b. Double click a Local file on the left to send it to Emedex on the Remote site on the right.c. Right clicking on your Local file gives you more options
- The middle right window shows the Remote site, this is your secure folder at Emedex.a. Select the Remote files you wish to download.b. Make sure to also selected a Local folder on your computer on the left middle window, this is the folder that Remote files will be downloaded to.c. Double click the Remote file on the Right to send it to your selected Local folder on the left.d. Right clicking on your Remote file gives you more option.
- You may be prompted to enter your password again if the secure session times out due to inactivity.
- To disconnect close the application.
The owner of a username is responsible for all actions performed by that username, so it is important to keep your password secure. Never tell anyone else your password. (This includes coworkers, family members, Emedex employees, and the like.) If you think you have a problem that can only be solved by sharing your password with someone else (vacation, supervisor access, etc.), contact Emedex. We will work out an alternate solution or create a new account for your particular circumstance.
If anyone but the owner of a username is found logged in to that username, access to it will be immediately terminated. If any person or program ever asks for your password, don’t give it and report the incident to Emedex. If you think someone else has discovered your password contact Emedex immediately.